The lovely Ash the Bookworm has nominated me for:
(photo credit: GONE FLOATABOUT)
This award The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
I’ve never been awarded this before, so #FirstTime! Thanks, Ash!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
Soda or Pop?
I’ve never had either, so I can’t say 🙂
What is your favorite song?
Oh, I love so many songs… but I guess the ones I have on repeat right now are Solo Dance (Martin Jensen) and Don’t Be So Hard on Yourself (Jess Glynn).
Favorite Male Lead Novel?
Not sure if this counts, but Six Of Crows (Kaz B., people).
What book broke your heart into a million pieces?
I actually have two for this: The Book Thief (Markus Zusak) and A Thousand Splendid Suns (Khaled Hosseini).
What are y’all going to be for Halloween?
I don’t dress up, I… celebrate it in my own way.
What author do you hate with everything that burns in you?
More like I hate her books, but for this I’ll have to award the Grand Prix to Stephenie Meyer since her books are just an insult to literature.
Which character do you relate to the most?
Probably Inej Ghafa, but there are some aspects of the characters in Spellbook of the Lost and Found with whom I have similar qualities.
Would you die for me
What would be your first reaction to a burglar touching your books?
My dear Ash, if it meant you survived, of course
Take the nearest hardback and whack him/her with it.
Who inspires you?
Emma Watson, Roxane Gay, Malala Yousafzai, and Alivia D’Andrea.
Do you love coffee?
THE ANSWER MUST BE YES
Sorry, Ash, but it’s just too bitter for my taste.
Does pineapple belong on Pizza?
Ehrm… more like it can stay there for a few nights and then go home. Really, to each their own.
What book is the most meaningful to you, and why?
Spark Joy (Marie Kondo). It marked the start of my clutter-free life, and showed me the path to minimalism, as well as a meaningful life. You have no idea how much Marie Kondo has changed my life! (for the better, of course)
- What languages do you speak?
- What is your favourite diverse book?
- Puppies or kittens?
- Early bird or night owl?
- Do you have any sort of special diet? (vegetarian, vegan, paleo, coeliac, lactose-free, etc.)
- What book(s) changed your life? (if any)
- What do you aspire to be?
- If you had one wish, what would you use it for?
- What book do you think everyone should read?
- If you could set your school’s reading list, what 5 books would you have on it?
- What is your preferred time of the day to read?
I believe every blog is bringing a little sunshine into the blogosphere, so why shouldn’t everyone be nominated?
And yes, you can actually say I nominated personally – if you do decide to do this award (that’s a lot of dos) make sure to comment below with a link to your post!